Author Topic: 2012 - NCCAR Road Course/Show/Driver Skill Weekend  (Read 7248 times)

Offline AndrewT

• VP - Business Relations
I know that many members are starting to wonder what's next for this great Club of Ours.... Well here is the first snippits of information we can release. The Club has been in discussions with the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research or NCCAR and we are in the planning stages of reserving the facility in June of 2012.

Several of the Bod are making another trip down at the end of this month, to meet and discuss our final plans. We have appointments with several vendors that will be involved, Adam's Polishes, Local Chrysler Dealership, Driver Training Organization, Local Tire Store, Hotels & Restaurants. At this time we have also talked with NeedsWings and they expressed an interest in joining us. There will several garage bays available to us, a complete working garage packed with Hunter equipment, lifts, wheel balances, etc.

Being that we are in the early stages of planning this event. I encourage everyone to post their thoughts, ideas, drivering challenges, etc, that they feel they would like to see covered in this event.

More details will be posted as we confirm the details in the coming months.

http://nccar.us/

http://www.asphaltventures.com/Welcome.html

Here are a few pics I took when I was down there in May on my first visit... AND a You TUBE at the very bottom.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0edbELrM1Cw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0edbELrM1Cw</a>

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:49:35 PM by AndrewT »

Offline AndrewT

Here is a few links to other things that are avaialble for people to go see and visit while attending this great event.

http://roanokerapidsnc.com/roanoke-rapids-nc-newcomers-and-visitors/local-attractions.html?view=alphacontent

http://roanokecanal.com/

http://visithalifax.com/index.php

Offline Rapps

• Charter Member
    • Rapps Designs
I'll ask if DriveSRT group can participate in some way.

Email sent, will up date when get response.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:08:14 PM by Rapps »

Offline AndrewT

Ann, this event is still in the planning stages. Any and all input from members is more than welcome. Thank You!

At this point in time we are trying to finalize the registration process with the Driving Instructors; i.e. Asphalt Ventures and the management at the track. I preliminary budget was prepared and now we're working to stay within that budget. Our goal here is to stay within the $300 to $350 range for each driver. This cost will include in-car driver instruction, instructor and safety classroom time, lunch, full access to the facility, garages, conference rooms, etc. I am also talking directly with Adams to hold car detailing seminars and a certified Crossfire technician to be on hand for demos about changing your brakes, oil, maintenance, filters, etc, etc, etc.

It should be a very instructional weekend for all.

Offline Rapps

• Charter Member
    • Rapps Designs
Got this reply today from Adam DriveSRT:

Cool! Duly received. I’ll put this in   front of the powers that be for review. Thanks for the heads-up, Ann…   have a fantastic weekend!

Offline Chas Knight

• Founding Director
  • Ichon
cant see your (Adam's) reply Ann.  Way too small.
Moparpalooza, VA '13, '14
COM 1st Annual Car Show, MD '12
Auto-C-R-O-S-S/NCCAR, NC '12
COM Crab Deck Cruise, MD '11
Woodward Dream Cruise, MI '11
AMX Capitol Raceway, MD '11
JPC Car Show, MD '10-'11
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, PA '05-'14
OC Car Show, MD '06-'08
Ishuz Car Show, MD '06/'08
Chrysler Spring Cruise-In, NY '09-'10
Two Kids Foundation Car Show, NJ '09-'10
Wild Thang 9 NJ '09
CPOC Mopar Show ,MD '08
VFW All Comers' Show, MD '06
XFI #3760, January 17,2005

Online acrispy1

• Founding BOD Member
  • Founding Director
  • Long Island ,NY
    • My fb page.
Got this reply today from Adam DriveSRT:

Cool! Duly received. I’ll put this in   front of the powers that be for review. Thanks for the heads-up, Ann…   have a fantastic weekend!

Fixed it..

Offline Chas Knight

• Founding Director
  • Ichon
Moparpalooza, VA '13, '14
COM 1st Annual Car Show, MD '12
Auto-C-R-O-S-S/NCCAR, NC '12
COM Crab Deck Cruise, MD '11
Woodward Dream Cruise, MI '11
AMX Capitol Raceway, MD '11
JPC Car Show, MD '10-'11
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, PA '05-'14
OC Car Show, MD '06-'08
Ishuz Car Show, MD '06/'08
Chrysler Spring Cruise-In, NY '09-'10
Two Kids Foundation Car Show, NJ '09-'10
Wild Thang 9 NJ '09
CPOC Mopar Show ,MD '08
VFW All Comers' Show, MD '06
XFI #3760, January 17,2005

Online acrispy1

• Founding BOD Member
  • Founding Director
  • Long Island ,NY
    • My fb page.

Offline zip439

Re: 2012 - NCCAR Road Course/Show/Driver Skill Weekend
« Reply #9: September 10, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
I'm already looking at helmets. This is something I have wanted to do, but really didn't know where to start. This should be a GREAT Club activity GTG!! :/\ Looking forward to more news on this thread.
2005 Limited Coupe, Graphite Gray

Offline Jason_HBC

• City, State
Andrew can you please post a picture of how the course will be laid out. I was visiting the NCCAR page and could not determine what layout would be available.

This is going to be a great event!

Offline PNA

• Damascus, Maryland
Not sure I can make it but I'm looking into it now.  Sounds like a blast.........
PNA
2004 Crossfire
SSB Auto Stick

Offline AndrewT

Andrew can you please post a picture of how the course will be laid out. I was visiting the NCCAR page and could not determine what layout would be available.

This is going to be a great event!

Jason, the course layout and final event plans are in the works right now. NCCAR is expanding their VDA (vehicle dynamic area) over the next few months. This expanion will allow for a larger area to play-in, lol. I'll do my best to keep the information updated as I get it.

Offline AndrewT

Not sure I can make it but I'm looking into it now.  Sounds like a blast.........

PNA... this will be a great opportunity for anyone to get more familiar with their Crossfire in a safe and controlled environment. Each driver will be taken out on the course after completing some classroom time. Once the instructor is satisfied with your comfort level you will be allowed to run the course as you see fit. There will also be some autocross time and dynamic driving time throughout the weekend.

Offline Tom2112

• Advisory
  • Sharon, PA
From the looks of the track on satellite imagery, it is a fixed course. It also looks quite festive!  :smiley-dance001:
2005 Black SRT-6 Coupe #32122 - 12.2438 @ 115.6 - Nuff Said!